AUXILIARY VERB AND
MODALS
· Auxiliary verb / Helping verb : ସାହାର୍ଯ୍ୟକାରୀ
କ୍ରିୟା | ଏହି verb ବାକ୍ୟ ଗଠନରେ ସାହାଯ୍ୟ କରନ୍ତି |
·
AUXILIARIES
AUXILIARIES
|
||||
Primary
|
Secondary
|
|||
Present
|
Past
|
Present
|
Past
|
|
Be-
|
Am, is, are
Be, being
|
Was, were
been
|
Can
|
Could
|
Do-
|
Do, does
|
did
|
Will
|
Would
|
Have-
|
Have, has
|
had
|
Shall
|
Should
|
May
|
Might
|
|||
Used to
|
||||
Ought to
|
||||
Must
|
||||
Dare
|
||||
Need
|
||||
· Auxiliary verb ମାନଙ୍କୁ ଦୁଇ ଭାଗରେ ବିଭକ୍ତ
କରାଯାଇଛି |
A) Primary Auxiliary
B) Secondary Auxiliary
A) Primary Auxiliary:
i) Be- am, is, are, was, were, be, being, been
ii) Have- have, has, had
iii) Do- do, does, did
B) Secondary Auxiliary (Modals):
Shall, should, will, would, can, could, may, might, Used to, Ought to, Must, Dare, Need
ମୁଁ ଆପଣଙ୍କର କଲମତି ବ୍ୟବହାର କରିପାରିବି କି?
Can I use your pen? (Formal)
May I use your pen? (More Formal)
Could I use your pen? (More polite)
Might I use your pen? (unnatural)
Permission(ଅନୁମତି) ମାଗିବା ପାଇଁ can (formal) could (ଅଧିକ polite) might (unnatural) ଓ may (more formal) ମଧ୍ୟ ବସିପାରେ |
Modals for Polite request
ମୋତେ ଟିକେ ସାହାଯ୍ୟ କରିବେ କି?
Will you help me? (Formal)
Can you help me? (General)
Could you help me? (Polite)
Would you help me? (More Polite)
Modals for Possibility
ବାପା ସନ୍ଧ୍ୟାରେ ଫେରିବେ |
Father may come back in the evening (more possibility)
Father might come back in the evening (less possibility)
Father could come back in the evening (least possibility)
May, might ଓ could ସମ୍ଭାବନା ଅର୍ଥରେ ବସେ | may ଅଧିକ ସମ୍ଭାବନା ଅର୍ଥରେ ବସେ ଓ could ସବୁଠାରୁ କମ୍ ସମ୍ଭାବନା ଅର୍ଥରେ ବସିବ |
Modals for Certainty
ମୁଁ ନିଶ୍ଚୟ ଆସିବି |
I shall surely come (surety)
I will come (promise)
I must come (promise)
Surety ବା certainty ପାଇଁ shall, will, ଓ must ବସେ |
Modals for necessity
ବର୍ଷା ହେଉଛି, ମୋର ଛତା ନେବା ଦରକାର - It is raining, I must take the umbrella.
ବର୍ଷା ହେଉନାହିଁ, ମୋର ଛତା ନେବା ଦରକାର ନାହିଁ - It is not raining, I needn’t take the umbrella.
Mustn’t for prohibition
ତୁମେ ଅନ୍ୟ ଚିଠି ଖୋଲିବା ମନା - You mustn’t open other letters.
ଅଫିସକୁ ବିଳମ୍ବରେ ଆସିବା ନିଷେଧ - You mustn’t come to office late.
Dare for challenge
ମୁଁ ସେ ବାଘ ପାଖକୁ ଯିବାକୁ ସାହସ କରୁନାହିଁ - I daren’t go near that tiger.
ତୁମର ଏଡେ ସାହସ, ତୁମେ ମୋ ବିରୁଦ୍ଧରେ କହୁଛ ?- How dare you say against me?
Shall / will for willingness
ମୁଁ ତୁମକୁ ସାହାଯ୍ୟ କରିବି - I shall help you.
ସେ ମତେ ସାହାଯ୍ୟ କରିବେ - He will help me.
ମୁଁ ମୋ ଚଷମା ଭୂଲିଗଲି - I have forgotten my glasses.
ମୁଁ ଆଣି ଦେଉଛି - I will bring it for you.
Used to for past habit
ମୁଁ ଆଗେ କବିତା ଲେଖୁଥିଲି – I used to write poems.
ସେ ଆଗେ କ୍ରିକେଟ ଖେଳୁଥିଲେ – He used to play cricket.
Modal for promise
ମୁଁ ତୁମକୁ ନିଶ୍ଚୟ ସାହାଯ୍ୟ କରିବି |
I will help you.
I must help you.
Modals for invitation
ଆଜ୍ଞା, ଟିକେ ଶୁଣିବେ କି? – Will you kindly listen me, sir?
କାଲି ଆମ ଘର ଆଡେ ଟିକେ ଆସିବେ କି? – Would you mind visiting us tomorrow.
Modals for future prediction
ସେ ଜଣେ ଡକ୍ତର ହେବ – He will become a doctor.
ବାପା ରାଗିବେ – Father will become angry.
ତୁମେ ମତେ ସାହାଯ୍ୟ କରିବ - You will help me.
ଆଶା କରିବା ଅର୍ଥରେ shall
I shall
meet him tomorrow.
We shall
have the reward of our labour.
ଭବିଷ୍ୟତରେ କିଛି ଘଟିବାର ନିଶ୍ଚିତତା ଦର୍ଶାଇ shall
You shall
meet your fate.
They shall
learn a lesson.
Permission ମାଗିବା ଅର୍ଥରେ shall
Shall I go
out?
Shall I
help you?
d)Dramatic
dialogue ରେ shall
Oh foolish
king! You shall be punished.
Should ର ବିଶେଷ ବ୍ୟବହାର:
a)Obligation
ଅର୍ଥରେ
You should
respect your elders.
We should
pay off our debts in time.
b)Asking
for formal permission.
Should I
continue the work?
c)Asking
for suggestion.
What should
we do now?
d)Giving
advice.
Children should
sleep long.
All should
be truthful.
e)Expressing
wish
The heaven
should pour upon the earth.
I should
get the book instantly.
Example-
I should go-ମୁଁ ଯିବା ଉଚିତ୍ |
Should I go?- ମୋର ଯିବା ଉଚିତ୍ କି?
I should not go- ମୋର ଯିବା ଉଚିତ୍ ନୁହେଁ |
We should go- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ ଯିବା ଉଚିତ୍ |
Should we go?- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ ଯିବା ଉଚିତ୍ କି?
We should not go- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ ଯିବା ଉଚିତ୍ ନୁହେଁ |
You should read- ତୁମ୍ଭର ପାଠ ପଢିବା ଉଚିତ୍ |
Should you read?- ତୁମ୍ଭର ପାଠ ପଢିବା ଉଚିତ୍ କି?
You should not read- ତୁମ୍ଭର ପାଠ ପଢିବା ଉଚିତ୍ ନୁହେଁ |
Rama should wait- ରାମ ଅପେକ୍ଷା କରିବା ଉଚିତ୍ |
Should Rama wait?- ରାମ ଅପେକ୍ଷା କରିବା ଉଚିତ୍ କି?
Rama should not wait- ରାମ ଅପେକ୍ଷା କରିବା ଉଚିତ୍ ନୁହେଁ |
They should play- ସେମାନେ ଖେଳିବା ଉଚିତ୍ |
Should they play?- ସେମାନେ ଖେଳିବା ଉଚିତ୍ କି?
They should not play- ସେମାନେ ଖେଳିବା ଉଚିତ୍ ନୁହେଁ |
Example-
I should have gone- ମୋର ଯିବା ଉଚିତ୍ ଥିଲା |
Should I have gone?- ମୋର ଯିବା ଉଚିତ୍ ଥିଲା କି?
I should not have gone- ମୋର ଯିବା ଉଚିତ୍ ନଥିଲା |
We should have play- ଆମ୍ଭମାନଙ୍କର ଖେଳିବା ଉଚିତ୍ ଥିଲା |
Should we have play?- ଆମ୍ଭମାନଙ୍କର ଖେଳିବା ଉଚିତ୍ ଥିଲା କି?
We should not have play- ଆମ୍ଭମାନଙ୍କର ଖେଳିବା ଉଚିତ୍ ନଥିଲା |
You should have done- ତୁମ୍ଭର କରିବା ଉଚିତ୍ ଥିଲା |
Should you have done?- ତୁମ୍ଭମାନଙ୍କର କରିବା ଉଚିତ୍ ଥିଲା କି?
You should not have done- ତୁମ୍ଭମାନଙ୍କର କରିବା ଉଚିତ୍ ନଥିଲା |
Rama should have written- ରାମର ଲେଖିବା ଉଚିତ୍ ଥିଲା |
Should Rama have written?-ରାମର ଲେଖିବା ଉଚିତ୍ ଥିଲା କି?
Rama should not have
written- ରାମର ଲେଖିବା ଉଚିତ୍ ନଥିଲା |
They should have finished-ସେମାନଙ୍କର ଶେଷ କରିବା ଉଚିତ୍ ଥିଲା |
Should they have
finished?- ସେମାନଙ୍କର ଶେଷ କରିବା ଉଚିତ୍
ଥିଲା କି?
They should not have
finished- ସେମାନଙ୍କର ଶେଷ କରିବା ଉଚିତ୍
ନଥିଲା |
You should not have gone
home so early-ଏତେ ଚଞ୍ଚଳ ଘରକୁ ଯିବା ତୁମର
ଉଚିତ୍ ନଥିଲା |
Hari should not have
married so young- ଏତେ ଅଳ୍ପ ବୟସରେ ବିବାହ
କରିବା ହରିର ଉଚିତ୍ ନଥିଲା |
The boy should not have
gone to school so soon- ଏତେ ଚଞ୍ଚଳ ସ୍କୁଲକୁ
ଯିବା ପିଲାଟି ପକ୍ଷରେ ଉଚିତ୍ ନଥିଲା |
The runners should not
have run so fast- ଦୌଡାଳୀଙ୍କର ଏତେ ଜୋରରେ
ଦୌଡିବା ଉଚିତ୍ ନଥିଲା |
Will ର ବିଶେଷ ବ୍ୟବହାର:
ଇଚ୍ଛା ପ୍ରକାଶ କରିବା
ଅର୍ଥରେ
I will
visit the place. (I am willing to visit the place)
Father will
take some sweets.
ଆମନ୍ତ୍ରଣ କରିବା ଅର୍ଥରେ:
Will you
visit us next week?
Will be
join us at the dinner?
Request କରିବା ଅର୍ଥରେ:
Will you
help me please?
Will I help you in this circumstance?
d)Future
happening ବିଷୟରେ କୁହାଗଲେ
The earth
will oneday change.
The seed
will sprout into a tree.
e)ସମୟକ୍ରମେ କୌଣସି
ଘଟଣା ନିଶ୍ଚିତ ଘଟିଲେ
He will be
twenty next summer.
It will
rain the Rainy Season.
Would ର ବିଶେଷ ବ୍ୟବହାର
a)Will ର past from would.
ଏହା Indirect speech ରେ ବୁଅବହୃତ ହୁଏ |
Direct- He
said, ‘’I will do the work.
Indirect-
He said that he would do the work.
b)Possibility
ବା ସମ୍ଭାବନା
ଅର୍ଥରେ
It would
rain. (It seems, it will rain)
The seed,
under the soil, would sprout in a day or two.
c)Polite
Expression ରେ
Would you
mind posting the letter?
Would you
lend me your pen please?
d)Expressing
wish or desire.
I would
like to visit my friend.
Father
would make me complete the work.
e)Predicting
for future (ଭବିଷ୍ୟତ କଥ କହିଲେ)
you would
oneday realize your mistake.
The boy
would admit his fault.
f)Past
tense ରେ would have ବସେ | ଏହା ସମ୍ଭାବନା
ଅର୍ଥରେ |
The
Engineer would have finished the work, if the labourers had helped him.
Examples:-
Examples:-
I
would go. I would have gone- ମୁଁ ଯାଇଥାନ୍ତି |
I
would not go. I would not have gone- ମୁଁ ଯାଇ ନଥାନ୍ତି |
We
would write. We would have written- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ ଲେଖିଥାନ୍ତୁ |
We
would not write. We would not have written- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ ଲେଖି ନଥାନ୍ତୁ |
You would
eat. You would have eaten- ତୁମ୍ଭେ ଖାଇଥାନ୍ତ |
-You
would not eat. You would not have eaten- ତୁମ୍ଭେ ଖାଇ ନଥାନ୍ତ |
Rama
would teach. Rama would have taught- ରାମ ପଢାଇଥାନ୍ତା |
Rama
would not teach or would not have taught- ରାମ ପଢାଇ ନଥାନ୍ତା |
They would
speak. The would have spoken- ସେମାନେ କହିଥାନ୍ତେ |
May ର ବିଶେଷ
ବ୍ୟବହାର:
Possibility
ଅର୍ଥରେ
a)It may
rain. (The sky look cloudy; it may rain at any time)
He may come
today. (=implies that he had told to come by today)
b)Asking
for formal permission (ଅନୁମତି ମାଗିବା ଅର୍ଥରେ)
May I come
in, sir?
May I have
your pen, please?
c)Expressing
wish (ଇଚ୍ଛା ବା କାମନା ପ୍ରକଶ ଅର୍ଥରେ)
May God
bless you!
May Heaven
pour on you!
d)Giving
permission\making one free to do as one wishes.
You may go
if you please.
He may meet
his friend.
e)Expression
Hope
May friend
may reach here in time.
The plant
may live long.
Example-
I may go- ମୁଁ ହୁଏତ ଯାଇପାରେ, ଅର୍ଥାତ୍ ମୋର ଯିବାର ସମ୍ଭାବନା
ଅଛି |
May I go?- ମୁଁ ଯାଇପାରେ କି?
I may not go-ମୁଁ ହୁଏତ ଯାଇ ନପାରେ |
We may go- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ ହୁଏତ ଯାଇପାରୁ |
May we go?- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ ଯାଇପାରୁ କି?
We may not go- ଆମ୍ଭମାନଙ୍କର ଯିବାର ସମ୍ଭାବନା ନାହିଁ |
You may fail-ତୁମ୍ଭେ ହୁଏତ ଫେଲ୍ ହୋଇପାର |
He may die- ସେ ହୁଏତ ମରିଯାଇପାରେ, ଅର୍ଥାତ୍ ତାର ମରିଯିବାର
ସମ୍ଭାବନା ଅଛି |
He may not die- ସେ ମରିଯାଇ ପାରେ ନ ମଧ୍ୟ |
They may fall down- ସେମାନେ ହୁଏତ ପଡିଯାଇ ପାରନ୍ତି | ଅର୍ଥାତ୍
ସେମାନଙ୍କର ପଡିଯିବାର ସମ୍ଭାବନା ଅଛି|
They may not fall down-ସେମାନେ ପଡିଯାଇ ନ ପାରନ୍ତି ମଧ୍ୟ |
In summer this well may
dry up- ଖରାଦିନେ ଏ କୂଅ ଶୁଖିଯାଇପାରେ
|
In the rainy season this
road may become muddy- ବର୍ଷା ଦିନେ ଏ
ରସ୍ତାଟି କାଦୁଅ ହୋଇଯାଇପାରେ |
In winter you may not get
any lotus or lily- ଶୀତଦିନେ ତୁମେ
ପଦ୍ମଫୁଲ ବା କଇଁଫୁଲ ନ ପାଇପାର |
Might ର ବିଶେଷ ବ୍ୟବହାର:
a)May ର past from might. ଏହା narrative from ବା Indirect speech ରେ past tense ରେ may ରସ୍ଥାନରେ ବସିବ |
Direct-The
boy said, ‘’I may go there’’.
Indirect- The boy said that he might go there.
b)Possibility ଅର୍ଥରେ
He might meet his friend.
(ଏଠାରେ friend କୁ meet କରିବ arranged ବା planned ନୁହେଁ | ଅନିଶ୍ଚିତ ଭାବେ ଦେଖା ହୋଇପାରେ |)
He may meet his friend.
(ଏଠାରେ ସେ ତାର ବନ୍ଧୁଙ୍କୁ ଭେଟିବା ପାଇଁ ଆବଶ୍ୟକତା
ଅଛି |)
ତେଣୁ ‘might’ expresses less possibility than ‘may’.
c)Suggestion ଅର୍ଥରେ
He might refuse to accept the offer.
The boy might learn Persian.
(Here, suggestion is quite formal, it may or may not be
accepted)
d)Hope or expectation ଅର୍ଥରେ
Mr. Don might return today.
(It is expected that Mr. Don will return today.)
Past Tense ରେ ସମ୍ଭାବନା
ଅର୍ଥରେ might have ବସେ |
The sailor
might have reached the share if the weather were good.
Example-
I might go, I might have gone- ମୁଁ ହୁଏତ ଯାଇଥାନ୍ତି, ବା ମୁଁ ଯାଇପାରିଥାନ୍ତି, ଅର୍ଥାତ ମୋର ଯିବାର ସମ୍ଭାବନା ଥିଲା |
I might not go. I might not have gone- ମୁଁ ହୁଏତ ନଯାଇଥାନ୍ତି |
We might eat. We might have eaten- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ ହୁଏତ ଖାଇପାରିଥାନ୍ତୁ, ଅର୍ଥାତ୍ ଆମ୍ଭର ଖାଇବାର ସମ୍ଭାବନା ଥିଲା |
You might pass. You might have passed-ତୁମ୍ଭେ ହୁଏତ ପାଶ୍ କରିଥାନ୍ତ ବା ତୁମର ପାଶ୍ କରିବାର ସମ୍ଭାବନା ଥିଲା |
Rama might help you or He might have helped you- ରାମ ହୁଏତ ତୁମକୁ ସହର୍ଯ୍ୟ କରିଥାନ୍ତା ଅର୍ଥାତ ରାମ ତୁମକୁ ସହର୍ଯ୍ୟ କରିବାର ସମ୍ଭାବନା ଥିଲା |
Rama might not have helped you- ସେ ତୁମ୍ଭଙ୍କୁ ସହର୍ଯ୍ୟ ନକରିପରିଥାନ୍ତା ମଧ୍ୟ |
They might die. They might have died- ସେମାନେ ହୁଏତ ମରିଯାଇଥାନ୍ତେ ଅର୍ଥାତ୍ ସେମାନଙ୍କର ମରିଯିବାର ସମ୍ଭାବନା ଥିଲା |
Can ର ବିଶେଷ
ବ୍ୟବହାର:
a)Ability ବା ସାମର୍ଥ୍ୟ
ଅର୍ଥରେ
The old man can see the tree.
Tom can go
across the river.
b)Possibility
ବା ସମ୍ଭାବନା
ଅର୍ଥରେ
That boy
can be jean.
The tree in
the orchard can grow fat.
c)Formal
permission ମାଗିବା ଅର୍ଥରେ
can I do
the work for you?
Can I meet
you at night?
d)Giving
permission.
You can take
note of the matter
You can
come at any time.
e)Expression
certainty
This patch
of land can be fertile if cultivated.
(May be,
there are favorable conditions.)
You can win
the contest, if you try.
(May be,
there are few and not so intelligent competitors )
f)Expressing wish or desire
You can go there. (If you so wishes)
He can take any food. (as he wishes)
I can go- ମୁଁ ଯାଇପାରେ |
Can I go?- ମୁଁ ଯାଇପାରେ କି?
I cannot go- ମୁଁ ଯାଇପାରେ ନାହିଁ |
We can go- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ ଯାଇପାରୁ |
Can we go?- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ ଯାଇପାରୁ କି?
We cannot go- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ ଯାଇପାରୁ ନାହୁଁ |
You can go- ତୁମ୍ଭେ ଯାଇପାର |
Can you go?- ତୁମ୍ଭେ ଯାଇପାର କି?
You cannot go- ତୁମ୍ଭେ ଯାଇପାର ନାହିଁ |
He can go- ସେ ଯାଇପାରେ |
Can he go?- ସେ ଯାଇପାରେ କି?
He cannot go- ସେ ଯାଇପାରେ ନାହିଁ |
They can go- ସେମାନେ ଯାଇପାରନ୍ତି
Can they go?- ସେମାନେ ଯାଇପାରନ୍ତି କି?
They cannot go- ସେମାନେ ଯାଇପାରନ୍ତି ନାହିଁ |
I can sing- ମୁଁ ଗୀତ ବୋଲିପାରେ |
Can I sing?- ମୁଁ ଗୀତ ବୋଲିପାରେ କି?
I cannot sing- ମୁଁ ଗୀତ ବୋଲିପାରେ ନାହିଁ |
We can fight- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ ଯୁଦ୍ଧ କରିପାରୁ |
Can we fight?- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ ଯୁଦ୍ଧ କରିପାରୁ କି?
You can win- ତୁମ୍ଭେ ଜିତିପାରିବ |
You cannot win- ତୁମ୍ଭେ ଜିତିପାରିବ ନାହିଁ |
He can steal- ସେ ଚୋରି କରିପାରେ |
Can he steal?- ସେ ଚୋରି କରିପାରେ କି?
He cannot steal- ସେ ଚୋରି କରିପାରେ ନାହିଁ |
They cannot catch- ସେମାନେ ଧରିପାରନ୍ତି ନାହିଁ |
Can I go?- ମୁଁ ଯାଇପାରେ କି?
I cannot go- ମୁଁ ଯାଇପାରେ ନାହିଁ |
We can go- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ ଯାଇପାରୁ |
Can we go?- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ ଯାଇପାରୁ କି?
We cannot go- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ ଯାଇପାରୁ ନାହୁଁ |
You can go- ତୁମ୍ଭେ ଯାଇପାର |
Can you go?- ତୁମ୍ଭେ ଯାଇପାର କି?
You cannot go- ତୁମ୍ଭେ ଯାଇପାର ନାହିଁ |
He can go- ସେ ଯାଇପାରେ |
Can he go?- ସେ ଯାଇପାରେ କି?
He cannot go- ସେ ଯାଇପାରେ ନାହିଁ |
They can go- ସେମାନେ ଯାଇପାରନ୍ତି
Can they go?- ସେମାନେ ଯାଇପାରନ୍ତି କି?
They cannot go- ସେମାନେ ଯାଇପାରନ୍ତି ନାହିଁ |
I can sing- ମୁଁ ଗୀତ ବୋଲିପାରେ |
Can I sing?- ମୁଁ ଗୀତ ବୋଲିପାରେ କି?
I cannot sing- ମୁଁ ଗୀତ ବୋଲିପାରେ ନାହିଁ |
We can fight- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ ଯୁଦ୍ଧ କରିପାରୁ |
Can we fight?- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ ଯୁଦ୍ଧ କରିପାରୁ କି?
You can win- ତୁମ୍ଭେ ଜିତିପାରିବ |
You cannot win- ତୁମ୍ଭେ ଜିତିପାରିବ ନାହିଁ |
He can steal- ସେ ଚୋରି କରିପାରେ |
Can he steal?- ସେ ଚୋରି କରିପାରେ କି?
He cannot steal- ସେ ଚୋରି କରିପାରେ ନାହିଁ |
They cannot catch- ସେମାନେ ଧରିପାରନ୍ତି ନାହିଁ |
Could ର ବିଶେଷ ବ୍ୟବହାର:
a)Can ର Past tense from could | ଏହା Indirect speech ରେ can ସ୍ଥାନରେ ବସେ |
Direct-He
said, ‘’I can swim in water.
Indirect-He
said that he could swim in water.
b)Polite
behavior ପ୍ରକାଶ କରିବା ଅର୍ଥରେ
Could you
lend me some money please?
Could you
help me please?
(‘would’ ଏବଂ ‘may’ ଠାରୁ ଏହା ଅଧିକ polite)
c)Possibility
ଅର୍ଥରେ
The pond
could harvest much fishes this year.
He could
come back, even though it rained.
d)ability ପ୍ରକଶ କରିବ ଅର୍ଥରେ
The oldman
could walk five kilometres, when he was young.
Mr. Harte
could speak four languages, when he was a student at school.
e)Expressing
intention
I could
meet him at his residence.
The woman
could talk with her husband about her daughter.
f)To speak
about future.
We could go
to the cinema tomorrow.
g)କରିବାର ସାମର୍ଥ୍ୟ
ଥାଇ କରିନପାରିଲେ,could have ବସେ |
He could
have finished work in time. You could have helped me.
Semimodals
Example-
Example-
I
could go- ମୁଁ ଯାଇପାରିଲି |
Could
I go- ମୁଁ ଯାଇପାରିଲି କି?
I
could not go- ମୁଁ ଯାଇପାରିଲି ନାହିଁ |
We
could play- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ ଖେଳିପାରିଲୁ|
Could
we play?- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ ଖେଳିପାରିଲୁ କି?
We
could not play- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ ଖେଳିପାରିଲୁ
ନାହିଁ |
You
could read – ତୁମ୍ଭେ ପଢିପାରିଲ |
Could
you read?- ତୁମ୍ଭେ ପଢିପାରିଲ କି?
You
could not read- ତୁମ୍ଭେ ପଢିପାରିଲ ନାହିଁ |
Rama
could finish- ରାମ ଶେଷ କରିପାରିଲା |
Could
Rama finish- ରାମ ଶେଷ କରିପାରିଲା କି?
Rama
could not finish- ରାମ ଶେଷ କରିପାରିଲା ନାହିଁ |
They
could answer- ସେମାନେ ଉତ୍ତର ଦେଇପାରିଲେ |
Could
they answer?- ସେମାନେ ଉତ୍ତର ଦେଇପାରିଲେ
କି?
They
could not answer- ସେମାନେ ଉତ୍ତର ଦେଇପାରିଲେ
ନାହିଁ |
Hari
could swim in the river- ହରି ନଈରେ ପହଁରି ପାରିଲା |
The
old man could not climb the mountain- ବୁଢାମାନେ ପର୍ବତ ଚଢିପାରିଲେ ନାହିଁ |
The
ass could not run like a tiger- ଗଧଟି ବାଘ ପରି ଦୌଡି ପାରିଲା ନାହିଁ |
My
sister could not win the first prize- ମୋ ଭଉଣୀ ପ୍ରଥମ ପୁରସ୍କାର ପାଇପାରିଲେ ନାହିଁ |
Example-
I
could have gone- ମୁଁ ଯାଇପାରିଥାନ୍ତି |
Could
I have gone?- ମୁଁ ଯାଇପାରିଥାନ୍ତି କି?
I
could not have gone- ମୁଁ ଯାଇପାରି
ନଥାନ୍ତି |
We
could have done- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ କରିପାରି ଥାଆନ୍ତୁ
|
Could
we have done?- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ କରିପାରି ଥାଆନ୍ତୁ
କି?
We
could not have done- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ କରିପାରି ନଥାନ୍ତୁ |
You
could have forbidden him- ତୁମ୍ଭେ ତାଙ୍କୁ ମନା କରିପାରି ଥାଆନ୍ତ |
Could
you have forbidden him?- ତୁମ୍ଭେ ତାଙ୍କୁ ମନା କରୁପାରି ଥାଆନ୍ତ କି?
You
could not have forbidden him- ତୁମ୍ଭେ ତାଙ୍କୁ ମନା କରିପାରି ନଥାନ୍ତ |
Rama
could have won the race- ରାମ ଦୌଡରେ ଜିତିପାରିଥାଆନ୍ତା |
Could
Rama have won the race?- ରାମ ଦୌଡରେ ଜିତିପାରିଥାଆନ୍ତା କି?
Rama could
not have won the race- ରାମ ଦୌଡରେ
ଜିତିପାରି ନଥାନ୍ତା |
They
could have built the house- ସେମାନେ ଘର ତୋଳି ପାରିଥାଆନ୍ତେ |
Could
they have built the house?- ସେମାନେ ଘର ତୋଳି ପାରିଥାଆନ୍ତେ କି?
They
could not have built the house- ସେମାନେ ଘର ତୋଳି ପାରି ନ ଥାନ୍ତେ |
Need to ବିଶେଷ ବ୍ୟବହାର:
Need to
past tense from ନାହିଁ | ଏହା ସର୍ବଦା
present tense ରେ ବ୍ୟବହୃତ ହୁଏ
|ଏହାକୁ past time ରୂପେ ପ୍ରକାଶ କରିବାକୁ
ହେଲେ Need to have ବୋଲି ଲେଖିବାକୁ
ହେବ |
b)Necessity
ବା ଆବଶ୍ୟକତା
ଅର୍ଥରେ
You need to
go there.
The boy
needs to do hard labour.
c)Negative
Sentence ରେ
There is
much time at hand, you need not drive so fast.
The son of
a wealthy man need not worry for money.
d)Interrogative
Sentence ରେ Need to
Need you to
go remain awaken?
e)Need to
have-
You need to
have finished the book.
The
children need to have leant the poem before the examination.
Use of Must:-
Example-
I
must go- ମୁଁ ନିଶ୍ଚୟ ଯିବି |
Must
I go?- ମୁଁ ନିଶ୍ଚୟ ଯିବି କି?
I
must not go- ମୁଁ ନିଶ୍ଚୟ ଯିବି ନାହିଁ |
We
must work- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ ନିଶ୍ଚୟ କାମ
କରିବୁ |
Must
we work?- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ ନିଶ୍ଚୟ କାମ
କରିବୁ କି?
We
must not work- ଆମ୍ଭେମାନେ ନିଶ୍ଚୟ କାମ
କରିବୁ ନାହିଁ |
You
must say- ତୁମ୍ଭେ ନିଶ୍ଚୟ କହିବ |
Must you say?-ତୁମ୍ଭେ ନିଶ୍ଚୟ କହିବ କି ?
You
must not say- ତୁମ୍ଭେ ନିଶ୍ଚୟ କହିବ ନାହିଁ
|
Rama
must write- ରାମ ନିଶ୍ଚୟ ଲେଖିବ |
Must
Rama write?- ରାମ ନିଶ୍ଚୟ ଲେଖିବ କି?
Rama
must not write- ରାମ ନିଶ୍ଚୟ ଲେଖିବ ନାହିଁ |
They
must buy- ସେମାନେ ନିଶ୍ଚୟ କିଣିବେ |
Must
they buy?- ସେମାନେ ନିଶ୍ଚୟ କିଣିବେ କି?
They
must not buy- ସେମାନେ ନିଶ୍ଚୟ କିଣିବେ
ନାହିଁ |
