CONJUNCTIONS

Ø Subash got a first class and he admitted into a good collage. Minati got a first class, but he couldn’t admit into a good college.

Ø Subash admitted into a good collage, for he got a first class.

Ø I saw a tiger while I was walking to school.

Ø He met a man who was hurry.
ଏଠାରେ and, but, for, while who ଇତ୍ୟାଦି words ଦୁଇଟି sentence କୁ join କରିଛି | ସେଗୁଡିକ joining word ବା  conjunction କହନ୍ତି |
 Conjunctions = joining words = liking words.
The word or phrase that joins two or more sentence is called a  conjunction.
conjunction
Co-ordinator
Sub- ordinator
Co-ordinating    
conjunction
 Co-relative
conjunction
Which, who, whom, whose, that…..
And, but, for, although
Both…and, either…or neither…nor


Ø Sunil got a first class.
Ø Radha admitted into a good college.
Ø Sunil got a first class and he admitted into good college.
Ø Sunil admitted into a good college for he got a first class.

1.    ଏଠାରେ ୨ଟି ଯାକ sentence  କେବଳ ଗୋଟିଏ linking word ଦ୍ୱାରା join  ହେଉଛି ଓ  ସେମାନଙ୍କର କୌଣସି ପରିବର୍ତ୍ତନ ହେଉନାହିଁ ତେଣୁ ଏହି linking word ବା  conjunction କୁ  co-ordinator କହନ୍ତି |
2.    Co-ordinator ଦ୍ୱାରା ଯେଉଁ longer sentence ତିଆରି ହୁଏ ତାହାକୁ compound sentence କହନ୍ତି |
ତେବେ କେତେକ co-ordinators ଉଦାହରଣ—and, but, after, before, or, yet, still, for, since, till, until, however, as well as, and…as well, moreover, therefore, as, as if, though, if , unless etc.
Ø I saw a man. He was unhappy.
Ø I saw a man who was unhappy.
Ø Here is the boy. You want to know him.
Ø Here is the boy whom you want to know.

3.    ଏଠାରେ ମଧ୍ୟ ୨ଟି sentence joining word who whom ଦ୍ୱାରା join କରାଯାଇଛି | କିନ୍ତୁ ଗୋଟିଏ sentence ର ସ୍ୱାତନ୍ତ୍ର୍ୟ ନଷ୍ଟ ହୋଇଛି | ଏବଂ ସେ longer sentence ର ଗୋଟିଏ part ହୋଇଯାଇଛି ଓ ଏହାର full meaning ନାହିଁ | ତେଣୁ ଏହିସବୁ linking wordକୁ କହନ୍ତି sub-ordinator.
4.    Sun-ordinator ଦ୍ୱାରା complex sentence formation ହୁଏ |
5.    That, which, who, whose, at which ଇତ୍ୟାଦି sub-ordinator.

Interjections
Ø Alas ! he is no more.
Ø Hurah! I got a first class.
Underline ଗୁଡିକ Interjections.
Interjection is the word that express sudden feeling. ଅନ୍ୟ Interjection ଗୁଡିକ ହେଲା Ah, Oh ଇତ୍ୟାଦି |
Punctuations
Ø I am happy.
Ø Am I happy?
Ø I, my friend and you are right.
Ø He said, “What is your name?”
Underline ହୋଇଥିବା ଛିହ୍ନ ଗୁଡିକୁ ଲକ୍ଷ୍ୟ କର, ସେ ଗୁଡିକ .,!” ” ? ଇତ୍ୟାଦି |
ସେମାନଙ୍କୁ Punctuations କହନ୍ତି |
( . ) = Full Stop
1.    I am right.
2.    Chilika is a beautiful lake.
3.    He said his name is Rupesh.
4.    He asked what my name was.
5.    Come here.
ଲକ୍ଷ୍ୟକର ଉପରଲିଖିତ ସମସ୍ତ sentence ଶେଷରେ ( . ) Fullstop ରହିଛି |
a)    a.m. = ante meridian
b)    p.m. = post meridian
Abbreviation (ଶବ୍ଦ ସଂକ୍ଷିପ୍ତ କରଣ) ରେ ପ୍ରତ୍ୟେକ letter ପରେ ବସେ |
? = Question mark = interrogative mark
Ø Are you ready?
Ø What are you doing?

1.    Direct question ଶେଷରେ ଏହି ଚିହ୍ନ ବସେ |
2.    କିନ୍ତୁ Indirect question ଶେଷରେ ଏହି ଚିହ୍ନ ବସେ ନାହିଁ |
(He asked what my name was.)
! = Exclamatory mark
Ø What a noise!
Ø How nice!

1.    ଯେକୌଣସି exclamatory sentence ଶେଷରେ ବସିବ |
His wife has just given both to triplets. ‘Triplets?!’
2.    ଏହି sentence ଶେଷରେ ? ଓ ! ଅଛି, ଏହା surprise with joke ପାଇଁ ବ୍ୟବହୃତ ହୋଇପାରେ |
, = Comma
1.    ଗୋଟିଏ list ରେ ଥିବା word ଗୁଡିକୁ ପରସ୍ପର ଠାରୁ ଅଲଗା କରିବାକୁ ( , ) ବ୍ୟବହୃତ ହୁଏ | (କିନ୍ତୁ and ପାଖରେ comma ବସେ ନାହିଁ |)
Ø I bought a pen, a pencil, an exercise book and a geometry box.
Ø A tiger, a lone, and an elephant were friends.
2.    Complex  compound sentence ରେ clause ଗୁଡିକୁ ଅଲଗା କରିବାକୁ statement ପରେ comma ବସେ |
Ø He came, but he forgot to bring his mobile.
3.    ଲକ୍ଷ୍ୟକର ଏଗୁଡିକ question tag. ତେଣୁ tag କୁ  statement ରୁ ଅଲଗା କରିବାକୁ statement ପରେ comma ବସେ |
Ø I like you, don’t I?

v He met his friend, Mr Das.
v My sister, Amita is here.
4.    ଏହି use କୁ apposition କୁହାଯାଏ | ତେଣୁ apposition ଅର୍ଥାତ ୨ଟି phrase ଗୋଟିଏକୁ ବୁଝାଇଲେ ସେମାନଙ୍କ ମଝିରେ comma ବସେ |
5.    Direct speech ରେ quotation ବା inverted commas ମଧ୍ୟରେ ଥିବା sentence କୁ ଅଲଗା କରିବାପାଇଁ ଅହା ପୂର୍ବରୁ ବା ପରେ comma ବସେ |
v He said, “I am busy.”
v “I am tired” said he.
v “I am tired”, he said.
6.    କୌଣସି ସମ୍ୱୋଧନ ପୂର୍ବରୁ ବା ପରେ comma ବ୍ୟବହୃତ ହୁଏ |
v May I come in, Sir?
v Come here, Rajesh.
: = Colon
Ø I visited the places: Puri, Konark and Lingaraj Temple.
Ø He bought the things: books, pens, and study materials.

a.    ଏଠାରେ places things ଗୋଟିଏ ଗୋଟିଏ class  ବା groupକୁ ବୁଝାଏ |
b.    ଯଦି ଏହିପରି group ବା class expression ପରେ ସେ ଗୁଡିକରେ example ଥାଏ, ସେଠାରେ colon ବସେ |
It is a beautiful; garden: It has a lot of colorful flowers.
c.    ଦ୍ୱିତୀୟ ବାକ୍ୟଟି ପ୍ରଥମର ଅର୍ଥ ସ୍ପଷ୍ଟ କରୁଥିଲେ ପ୍ରଥମ sentence ପରେ colon ବସେ |
; = Semi-colon
Ø As I saw him, I greeted him; I also told him everything. While we were playing, the children were swimming; their mothers were guiding.

ଯଦି ଆଗରୁ comma ବ୍ୟବହୃତ ହୋଇଥିବ ତେବେ ୨ଟି clause ମଝିରେ semi-colon ବସିପାରେ |
‘ = Apostrophe

a.     Apostrophe -s (‘s) ସହ ବ୍ୟବହାର ହେଲେ ଅର୍ଥ Possessive କୁ ବୁଝାଏ |
Ø Sibani’s pen.
Ø Boy’s High School.
Ø Women’s College.

b.    ସାଧାରଣତଃ auxiliary verb ରେ କେତେକ letter omit କଲେ ବା contracted form କଲାବେଳେ Apostrophe ବ୍ୟବହୃତ ହୁଏ |
Ø I’m = I am
Ø He’s = He is
Ø You’re = You are

-      = Hyphen
Father-in-low, mother-in-low
a)              Compound word ତିଆରି କଲାବେଳେ ପ୍ରତ୍ୟକ part ଅନ୍ୟଠାରୁ ଅଲଗା କରିବାପାଇଁ ଏହା ବ୍ୟବହୃତ ହୁଏ |
b)              ଯଦି କୌଣସି word ର କିଛି ଅଂଶ sentence ର ଶେଷରେ ରହିଲା ଓ ଅନ୍ୟ ଅଂଶଟି ତଳ sentence ର ଆରମ୍ଭରେ ରହିଲା, ତେବେ ପ୍ରଥମ sentence ଶେଷରେ hyphen ବସେ |
c)               ଯଦି ଏକ compound word ର ଗୋଟିଏ ଅଂଶ sentence ର ଶେଷରେ ଅନ୍ୟ ଅଂଶଟି ତଳ line ର ଆରମ୍ଭରେ ରହିଲା, ତେବେ line ଆରମ୍ଭରେ hyphen ବସେ |
d)              Twenty-one. Twenty-two, …. Ninety-nine (21 ରୁ 99) ପର୍ଯ୍ୟନ୍ତ number କୁ wordରେ ଲେଖିଲା ବେଳେ ମଝିରେ hyphen ଲାଗେ |
e)              ଦୁଇଟି number ମଝିରେ hyphen ଦେଲେ ଏହା to କୁ ବୁଝାଏ |
Ø I was absent from 27.09.2018 – 30.09.2018.
Ø He lived from 1990-1995.
    
  ବା “  ” = Inverted commas = Quotation marks
i.                 Single inverted commas ‘  ‘ British English ଅନୁସାରେ |
ii.               Double inverted commas ‘  ‘ American English ଅନୁସାରେ |
iii.             Name of books, movies, films etc. inverted comma ମଧ୍ୟରେ ରହେ |
Ø    I have already read, ‘The Mahabharata’
Ø    He wanted to enjoy, ’Titanic’
iv.             Direct speech ର ସବୁକିଛି inverted commas ମଧ୍ୟରେ ରହେ |
Ø He said, “I am a boy.”
Ø Teacher said, “Mina, Come here.”
/ - Slash = Oblique
            Which is the Capital of India? (Dhaka / New Delhi / Thimpu)
i.                 ଏକା ପ୍ରକାର word କୁ ଅଲଗା ଦର୍ଶାଇବା ପାଇଁ slash ବ୍ୟବହୃତ ହୁଏ |
ii.               Poem ର line ଗୁଡିକୁ ଏଭଳି ଲେଖିଲେ ପ୍ରତ୍ୟେକ lineକୁ ଅନ୍ୟଠାରୁ ଅଲଗା କରିବାପାଇଁ slash ବ୍ୟବହୃତ ହୁଏ |