VOICE CHANGE
ଓଡିଆରେ ବାଚ୍ୟ ତିନି ପ୍ରକାର
a) କର୍ତ୍ତୃବାଚ୍ୟ : ଯେଉଁ ବାଚ୍ୟରେ କର୍ତ୍ତାର ପ୍ରାଧାନ୍ୟ ରହେ
ଅର୍ଥାତ୍ କର୍ତ୍ତା ମୁଖ୍ୟ ହୁଏ ତାହାକୁ କର୍ତ୍ତୃବାଚ୍ୟ କୁହାଯାଏ |
ବଳଦ ଘାସ ଖାଏ – ଏଠାରେ କର୍ତ୍ତା= ବଳଦ (ମୂଖ୍ୟ)
b) କର୍ମବାଚ୍ୟ : ଯେଉଁ
ବାଚ୍ୟରେ କର୍ମର ପ୍ରାଧାନ୍ୟ ରହେ ଅର୍ଥାତ୍ କର୍ମ ମୁଖ୍ୟ ହୁଏ ତାହାକୁ କର୍ମବାଚ୍ୟ କୁହାଯାଏ |
ବଳଦ ଦ୍ୱାରା ଘାସ ଖିଆ ହୁଏ – ଏଠାରେ କର୍ମ = ଘାସ
c)
ଭାବବାଚ୍ୟ : କର୍ତ୍ତୃବାଚ୍ୟରେ କର୍ମ ନଥିଲେ ତାହାକୁ
ଭାବବାଚ୍ୟରେ ପରିଣତ କରାଯାଏ |
ହରି ସକାଳେ ଦଉଡେ – ଏଠାରେ କର୍ମ ନଥିବାରୁ ଏହାକୁ ଭାବବାଚ୍ୟରେ
ପରିଣତ କରାଯଏ |
ଏହାର ଭାବବାଚ୍ୟ – ରାମ ଦ୍ୱାର ସକାଳେ ଦଉଦା ହୁଏ |
ଇଂରାଜୀରେ ଭାବବାଚ୍ୟ ନଥିବାରୁ ଏହା ଦୁଇ ପ୍ରକାର-
a) Active voice (କର୍ତ୍ତୃବାଚ୍ୟ)
b) Passive voice (କର୍ମବାଚ୍ୟ)
·
Active voice ରେ Subject ର ପ୍ରାଧାନ୍ୟ ରହେ ଅର୍ଥାତ୍ subject ଉପରେ ଗୁରୁତ୍ୱ ଦିଆଯାଏ |
Rama eats mango.
·
Passive voice ରେ Object ଟି subject ହୋଇଯାଏ |
Mango is eaten by Rama.
Change of Voice (ବାଚ୍ୟ ପରିବର୍ତ୍ତନ)
·
ସାଧାରଣତଃ active
voice କୁ passive voice ରେ ପରିବର୍ତ୍ତନ
କରାଯାଏ |
·
Sentence ରେ ଗୋଟିଏ object ଥିଲେ active
voice କୁ କେବଳ ଗୋଟିଏ ପ୍ରକାରରେ passive voice କରାଯାଏ |
·
Sentence ରେ ଦୁଇଟି object ଥିଲେ active
voice କୁ କେବଳ ଦୁଇ ପ୍ରକାରରେ passive voice କରାଯାଏ |
VOICE
CHANGE
|
||||
Present Tense
|
Past Tense
|
Future Tense
|
||
1
|
Simple
|
Object + Aux. V. (be-present) + O.V. (P.P.) + by +
agent
|
Object + Aux. V. (be-past) + O.V. (P.P.) + by +
agent
|
Object + Aux. V. (shall/will) + +be + O.V. (P.P.)
+ by + agent
|
2
|
Progressive
|
Object + Aux. V.+ being + O.V. (P.P.)+ by +
agent
|
Object + Aux. V. (be-past) + being + O.V.
(P.P.)+ by + agent
|
|
3
|
Perfect
|
Object + Aux. V. (have -present) + been + O.V.
(P.P.) + by + agent
|
Object + Aux. V. (have -past) + been + O.V.
(P.P.) + by + agent
|
|
Simple Present :
Object + Aux. V. (be-present) + O.V. (P.P.) + by +
agent
Active
|
Passive
|
He teaches me.
|
I am taught by him
|
Cow eats grass.
|
Grass is eaten by cow.
|
Rama eats mango.
|
Mango is eaten by Ram.
|
Monkeys eat yellow banana.
|
Yellow banana eaten by the monkeys.
|
Active: He eats apple.
Passive: Apple is eaten by him.
Active: Hari eats mangoes.
Passive: Mangoes are eaten by Hari.
Active: I do not play cricket everyday.
Passive: Cricket is not played by me everyday.
Active: Jadu does not buy books from the market.
Passive: Books are not bought by Jadu from the market.
Present Progressive:
Object + Aux. V.+ being + O.V. (P.P.)+ by +
agent
Active
|
Passive
|
He is teaching me.
|
I am being taught by him.
|
Cow has eaten grass.
|
Grass is being eaten by
cow.
|
God is creating animals.
|
Animals are being created
by god.
|
I am playing football.
|
Football is being played
by me.
|
Active: I am playing cricket.
Passive: Cricke is being played by me.
Active: The children are eating apples.
Passive: Apples are being eaten by the children.
Active: Hari and Rakesh are not eating mangoes.
Passive: Mangoes are not being eaten by Hari and Rakesh.
Object + Aux. V. (have -present) + been + O.V.
(P.P.) + by + agent
Active
|
Passive
|
He has taught me.
|
I have been taught by him.
|
Cow has eaten grass.
|
Grass has been eaten by cow.
|
I have played football.
|
Football has been played
by me.
|
Raju has not killed the
snake.
|
The snake has not been
killed by Raju.
|
Active: She has played hockey.
Passive: Hockey has been played by her.
Passive: Hockey has been played by her.
Active: He has not killed the snake.
Passive: The snake has not been killed by him.
Active: They have planted many tree in their garden.
Passive: Many trees have been planed by them in their garden.
Passive: Many trees have been planed by them in their garden.
Simple Past:
Object +
Aux. V. (be-past) + O.V. (P.P.) + by + agent
Active
|
Passive
|
He taught me.
|
I was taught by him
|
Cow ate grass.
|
Grass was eaten by cow.
|
Rama killed Ravan
|
Ravan was killed by Rama.
|
The cat did not kill the
rats.
|
The rates were not killed
by the cat.
|
Active: Ram killed Ravan.
Passive: Ravan was killed by Ram.
Active: Haresh called Ritu a fool.
Passive: Ritu was called a fool by Haresh.
Active: The cat did not kill the rate.
Passive: The rats were not killed by the cat.
Object + Aux. V. (be-past) + being + O.V. (P.P.)+
by + agent
Active
|
Passive
|
He was teaching me.
|
I was taught by him.
|
The cow was eating grass.
|
Grass was being eaten by
cow.
|
The girls were singing a
song.
|
A song was being sung by
the girls.
|
She was not plucking
flowers.
|
Flowers were not being
plucked by her.
|
Active: I was buying vegetables.
Passive: vegetables were being bought by me.
Active: The girls were singing a song.
Passive: A song was being sung by the girls
.
Active: The children were not eating sweets.
Passive: Sweets were not being eaten by the children.
Active; She was not plucking flowers.
Passive: Flowers were not being plucked by her.
Past perfect:
Object + Aux. V. (have -past) + been + O.V. (P.P.)
+ by + agent
Active
|
Passive
|
He had taught me.
|
I had been taught by him
|
Cow had eaten grass.
|
Grass had been eaten by
cow.
|
I had seen the picture.
|
The picture had been seen
by me.
|
Sita had not seen her
mother for long time.
|
Her mother had not seen by
her for long time.
|
Active: I had seen the picture.
Passive: The picture had been seen by me.
Active: The solders had fought the battle bravely.
Passive: The battle had been fought bravely by the soldiers.
Active: She had not seen her mother for long.
Passive: Her mother had not been by her for long.
Simple Future:
Object + Aux. V. (shall/will) + +be + O.V. (P.P.) + by + agent
Active: I shall do the work tomorrow.
Passive: The work will be done by me tomorrow.
Active: They will play the match today.
Passive: The match will be played by
them today.
Active: She will not attend the party this evening.
Passive: The party will not be attended by her this evening.
2. ନିମ୍ନୋକ୍ତ ପ୍ରକାର
ବାକ୍ୟମାନଙ୍କରୁ Doer ବା Agent କୁ ବାଦ ଦିଆଯାଇଥାଏ |
Active: people did not build Rome in a day.
Passive: Rome was not built in a day.
Active: We obtain common salt is obtained from the sea.
Passive: common salt is obtained from the sea.
Active: They called off the strike.
Passive: The strike was called off.
ସେହିପରି:
Active: They made him king.
Passive: He was made king.
Active: I keep my books in a bag.
Passive: My books are kept in a bag.
Active: You should be shut at night.
Passive: The doors should shut the doors at night.
Active: They looked after the baby properly.
Passive: The baby was properly looked after.
Active: They made to work alone.
Passive: I was made to work alone.
Active: The villagers gave me to understand their difficulties.
Passive: I was given to understanding the difficulties of the villagers.
Active: One does not seen tigers everyday.
Passive: Tigers are not seen everyday.
3. Infinitive ଯୁକ୍ତ ପ୍ରେରଣାର୍ଥ ବାକ୍ୟମାନଙ୍କୁ ନିମ୍ନୋକ୍ତମତେ ବାଦଦେଇ Passiveରେ ପରିଣତ କରାଯଏ |
Active: He made me do the work.
Passive: I was made to do the work.
Active: I heard her say so.
Passive: she was heard to say so.
Active: They made me sing the song again.
Passive: I was made to sing the song again.
Active: Mother kept me engaged for the whole day.
Passive: I was kept engaged for the whole day.
Active: Father made me go to school at an early age.
Passive: I was made to go to school at an age.
Active: They let the thief go.
Passive: The thief was let go.
Active: You should let me speak out my mind.
Passive: I should be let to speak out my mind.
Active: They did not let me sit for the examination.
Passive: I was not let to me sit for the examination.
4. Participle ଯୁକ୍ତ ବାକ୍ୟମାନଙ୍କୁ Agentକୁ ବାଦ ଦେଲେ ନିମ୍ନୋକ୍ତମତେ Passive fromରେ ପରିଣତ କରାଯାଏ |
Active: I don’t like people laughing at me.
Passive: I don’t like being laughed at.
Active: She does not like other staring at her.
Passive: She does not like being stared at
Active: Most people cannot tolerate other criticized.
Passive: Most people cannot tolerate being criticized.
5. Infinitive ଯୁକ୍ତ ସାଧାରଣ ବାକ୍ୟମାନଙ୍କୁ
ନିମ୍ନୋକ୍ତମତ Passive Voiceକୁ ପରିବର୍ତ୍ତନ କରାଯାଏ |
Active: It is time to call in a doctor.
Passive: It is time for a doctor to be called in.
Active: I need a good teacher to teach my children.
Passive: A good teacher is needed for my children to be taught.
Active: It is time to close down the school .
Passive: It is necessary for a post office to be opened in our village.
Active: I heard him say so.
Passive: He was heard him sit on say so.
Active: I made him sit on the floor.
Passive: He was made to sit on the floor.
Active: We kept him busy at work.
Passive: He was kept busy at work.
(B) Imperative sentence ଆଦେଶ, ଅନୁରୋଧ, ଉପଦେଶ,ନିଷେଧ ଆଦି ସୂଚକ ବାକ୍ୟମନଙ୍କର ବାଚ୍ୟ
ପରିବର୍ତ୍ତନ |
Active: Shut the door.
Passive: Please post this letter today.
Active: Please post this letter today.
Passive: Let this letter be kindly posted today.
Active: Don’t touch fire.
Passive: Let this letter be kindly posted today.
Active: Don’t boil the egg too much.
Passive: Let not the egg be boiled too much.
Active: Please don’t punish me.
Passive: Let me not be punished.
Active: Please help me.
Passive: Let me be kindly helped.
Active: please stand up.
Passive: You are requested to stand up.
Active: Please don’t smoke here.
Passive: You are requested not smoke here.
8. Imperative sentence with two objects:
Active: Please give me a book.
Passive: Let a book be kindly given to me. Let me be kindly given a book.
Active: Don’t tell me a lie.
Passive: Let not a lie be told me. Let not be told a lie.
Active: give the devil be his due.
Passive: Let the devil be given his due. Let the due of the devil be given
him.
Active: Please do me a favour.
Passive: Let me be done a favour. Let a favour be done me.
Active: Don’t tell anyone your secrets.
Passive: Let not your secrets be told to anyone. Let on one be told your
secrets.
(C) Interrogative sentence ମାନଙ୍କର ବାଚ୍ୟ ପରିବର୍ତ୍ତନ:
Active: Do I football?
Passive: Is football played by me?
Active: Does he eat meat?
Passive: Is meat eaten by him?
Active: Do you read novels?
Passive: Are novels read by you?
Active: Am I drinking milk?
Passive: Is milk being milk?
Active: Is he reading a book?
Passive: Is a book being read by him?
Active: Are they ploughed the fields?
Passive: Are the field being ploughed by them?
Active: Has he done the work?
Passive: Has a lie been ever told by me?
Active: Have you paid the tiger?
Passive: Was the tiger seen by the boy?
Active: Did the farmer irrigate their fields?
Passive: Were the fields irrigated by the farmers?
Active: Were the soldiers fighting a battle?
Passive: Was a battle being fought by the soldiers?
Active: Will the teacher teach us?
Passive: Shall we be taught by the teacher?
Active: Will the villagers build the temple?
Passive: Will the temple be built by the villagers?
Active: Who has seen a ghost?
Passive: By whom has a ghost been seen?
Active: Who can solve this problem?
Passive: By whom can this problem be solved?
Active: Where did the boy see his teacher?
Passive: Where was the teacher seen by the boy?
Active: Whom did you give the book?
Passive: To whom was the book given?
Active: Why did you not prepare your lessons?
Passive: Why were the lessons not prepared by you?
Active: What do you want?
Passive: What is wanted by you?
Active: What did he say to his teacher?
Passive: What was said by him to the teacher?
Active: Which book did the boys read?
Passive: Which book was read by the boys?
Active: What shall the child do?
Passive: What shall be done by the child?
Active: Should I teach this boy?
Passive: Should this boy be taught by me?
Active: Spare the rod, spoil the child.
Passive: If the rod is spared, the child is spoiled.
Active: They say that he was very lazy in his boyhood.
Passive: It is that he was very lazy in his boyhood.
11. Complex sentence କୁ Simple sentence ରେ ପରିଣତ କର |
Active: They say that two boys have been killed in the accident.
Passive: Two boys are said to have
been killed in the accident.
Active: People once believed that the sun went round the earth.
Passive: The sun was once believed
to be going round the earth.
Active: They tell me my uncle is suffering from cancer.
Passive: My uncle is said to be
suffering from cancer.
Active: I understand that you have done this mischief.
Passive: This mischief is
understood to have been done by you.
Active: They report to me that my brother had committed theft.
Passive: My brother was reported
to have committed theft.
Active: They say that you know some magic.
Passive: You are said to have known
some magic.
Active: They say that he is a thief.
Passive: HE is said to be a thief.
Active: They say that he was a thief.
Passive: He is said to have been a thief.
1. Suppose ଥିବା ବାକ୍ୟମାନଙ୍କର ବାଚ୍ୟ
ପରିବର୍ତ୍ତନ |
Active: I suppose you are all right now.
Passive: You are supposed to be all
right now.
Active: I suppose you have reported the
matter to the police.
Passive: You are supposed to have
reported the matter to the police.
Active: I supposed you know my father.
Passive: My father is supposed to be known
to you well.
Active: I suppose you will do it.
Passive: You are supposed to do it.
Active: I suppose you did it.
Passive: You are supposed to have done
it.
Active
|
Passive
|
He will teach me.
|
I shall be taught by him
|
Cow will eat grass.
|
Grass will be eaten by
cow.
|
I shall do the work
tomorrow.
|
The work will be done by
me tomorrow.
|
· ନିମ୍ନୋକ୍ତ ପ୍ରକାର ବାକ୍ୟମାନଙ୍କରୁ Agent କୁ (କରୁଥିବା ବ୍ୟକ୍ତିକୁ) ବାଦ ଦିଆଯାଇଥାଏ
Active
|
Passive
|
People did not build
Tajmohal in a day.
|
Tajmohal was not built in
a day.
(ଏଠାରେ by
the people ଲେଖିବା ଦରକାର
ନାହିଁ)
|
They called off the strike.
|
The strike was called off.
(by them ଲେଖିବା ଦରକାର
ନାହିଁ)
|
They made him monitor.
|
He was made monitor.
|
I keep my money in a
purse.
|
My money are kept in a
purse.
|
·
ଆଦେଶ, ଅନୁରୋଧ,
ଉପଦେଶ, ନିଷେଧ ଆଦି ସୂଚକ ବାକ୍ୟମାନଙ୍କର ବାଚ୍ୟ ପରିବର୍ତ୍ତନ |
Active
|
Passive
|
Do it.
|
Let it be done.
|
Shut the door.
|
Let the door be shut.
|
Don’t touch fire.
|
Let not fire be touched.
|
Please don’t punish me.
|
Let me not be punished.
|
Please stand up.
|
You are requested to stand
up.
|
Please don’t smoke here.
|
You are requested not to smoke
here.
|
·
ଆଦେଶ, ଅନୁରୋଧ,
ଉପଦେଶ, ନିଷେଧ ଆଦି ସୂଚକ ବାକ୍ୟମାନଙ୍କରେ ଦୁଇଟି Object ଥିଲେ ବାଚ୍ୟ ପରିବର୍ତ୍ତନ |
Active
|
Passive
|
Please
give me a pen.
|
Let
a pen be kindly given me.
|
Don’t
tell me a lie.
|
Let
not a lie be told me.
|
Please
do me a favour.
|
Let
a favour be done me.
|
Don’t
tell any one your secrets.
|
Let
not your secrets be told to anyone.
|
·
Interrogative sentences ମାନଙ୍କର ବାଚ୍ୟ ପରିବର୍ତ୍ତନ
Active
|
Passive
|
Do
I play cricket?
|
Is
football played by me?
|
Does
she eat mango?
|
Is
mango eaten by her?
|
Is
Ram drinking milk?
|
Is
milk being drunk by Ram?
|
Who
has seen a ghost?
|
By
whom has a ghost been seen?
|
Where
did the Raju see his uncle?
|
Where
was the uncle seen by Raju?
|
Whom
did you give flower?
|
To
whom was the flower given?
|
Should
I kill this snake?
|
Should
this snake killed by me?
|
·
Interrogative sentences(two objects) ମାନଙ୍କର ବାଚ୍ୟ ପରିବର୍ତ୍ତନ
Active
|
Passive
|
Who
teaches you English?
|
By
whom is English taught you?
|
Why
did Ranjan tell you a lie?
|
Why
a lie was told you by Ranjan?
|
·
Complex sentence ସ୍ଥଳେ ବାଚ୍ୟ ପରିବର୍ତ୍ତନ
Active
|
Passive
|
Bring
me what I gave you.
|
Let
what was given you by me be brought.
|
Do
what I tell you.
|
Let
what you are told by me be done.
|
They
said that he was very lazy in his childhood.
|
It
is said that he was very lazy in his childhood.
|
