10 questions asked and their answers in the job interview
10 questions asked and their answers in the job interview
So let us take some such questions:
Question 1: Tell me about yourself? / Walk me through your CV? / Introduce yourself / Tell us about yourself? I think this is a question that is rarely asked in an interview, and it is also a question that there is great confusion in answering what to say or what not to say. Usually, this is the first question of the interview, so we will discuss this question in some detail. The motive behind asking questions: So that the interviewer becomes a little comfortable. There can be no blank on this question, everyone has something to tell about themselves, and when you say something, in the beginning, your hesitation is somewhat less. She goes. Get to know you Many times the interviewer does not read the entire CV, he gets to know about you from your answer and can ask many more questions on that basis. What do you answer in response to this question? I will tell you here what I do, maybe someone else can tell you a better way so do not consider it as a stone streak. But as I mentioned earlier, my success rate in the interview has been 90%, so it is probably the right way. While answering this question you have a chance that you can attract the employer towards you, sell him your skills; Therefore, in response to this, you should bring out your major achievements and qualities. Start the answer in your name, maybe the interviewer is already calling you by your name, in that case you can say that, as you know I am Amit Kumar …… ”and then continue. And if they don't know your name then you can simply say, "Hello Sir, I am Amit Kumar… ..and so on" Tell yourself about it in chronological order, that is, as your life progresses, according to that, the actual human brain is designed so that it can understand this order properly. If you keep switching from past to present, then there can be confusion. And include such things in this answer in which the employer is interested. You should also keep in mind that you can give this answer in such a way that the person in front asks your desired question. For example, if you want the interviewer to talk to you about the reward you have received recently, you can say… “…… .. and recently I was rewarded by the organization for my outstanding performance….”
Supposing Amit is having 3 year work ex. Sir, I am Amit Kumar, I belong to Lucknow, where I did my schooling. For my graduation, I went to New Delhi and did B.Com from Shri Guru Gobind Singh College. By the time I completed my graduation I was clear to pursue a career in the corporate world and hence I decided to do an MBA from a reputed college. And I, fortunately, got an opportunity to study at IILM, which is amongst the top management institutes in the NCR. The two years invested here added a lot of value to me. Apart from learning management skills, I improved my organizing and networking skills. Then during the campus placements, I got a break in Nerolac Paints, where I joined as a Management Trainee. Currently, I am working in the same company at the position of Territory Sales Manager; I have been handling the NCR region, and have been an outstanding performer. Sir my total work experience now stands at 3 + years, and I feel very confident about my skills and aptitude to excel in the corporate world. I am sure that if given an opportunity I will be able to deliver and contribute to the growth of the organization. So, this was in brief about me, and I would be glad to answer anything specific you want to know. " Question 2: What are your strengths? / What is your strengths? In telling your strengths, you can say some of these: I am a team player and can adapt to changing conditions with ease. I am good at organizing events and taking initiatives. I am very good at building networks and executing the plans set by the management. Whatever you tell your strengths, but to support it, you should have real life examples, which you can add to the answer. For ex: I am very good at building networks and executing the plans set by the management. In fact, in my current job I developed a chain of distributors in East Delhi for our new product and my work was very much recognized by the management. Question 3: Why do you want to leave your current job? / Why do you want to leave your current job? In response to this question, you should not commit evil actions of your existing company. You can answer something like this: Sir, I have been with this company for over three years and have learned a lot of things. But since the last few months, my learning and growth in the organization have stagnated, and I feel strongly that I would have a better learning and growth opportunity in a company like yours. That's why I want to switch. OR Sir, I have been with this company for over three years and have learnt a lot of things. But off-late I have felt that my current compensation is not in-line with the kind of hard work and efforts I put for the organization, therefore I am looking forward to working for a company that has better growth opportunities along with better compensation. Question 4: Tell us about your current job, what is your role? / What about your current job, what is your job? Tell us with a little detail and enthusiasm what you do in this answer. You can answer something like this: Sir, I am handling the Sales in the NCR region, and I am responsible for achieving the sales targets set by the company. At present, I handle a team of 5 Area Sales Managers, who operate in different parts of the NCR. It is my responsibility to motivate and direct the team, allocate targets, and ensure that we meet those targets. On an average, I spend one day in each region and also make frequent field visits. I am often involved in group meetings to launch new contests for our distributors. Having worked closely with the distributors I also participate actively in designing the contests and planning other promotional activities to boost sales. In fact, some of my strategies have been so successful that they were replicated throughout the North Zone. After saying so, you can stop, and you can expect that you can be asked about those strategies.
Question 5: Why do you want to join this company? Why do you want to join this company? You will find the answer to this question in the last part of the answer to the 3rd question. Other than that you can do a lot - add and add: Sir, xyz company is a very big brand globally, and it would be a matter of pride to be associated with such a company. The various awards, like the Best Employer Award, etc. are a testimony to the great work culture of the company. Along with that, there is a lot of scopes to hone critical skills and have plenty of growth opportunities in your organization. Who would not like to be its part? Question 6: Why should we select you? / Why should we choose you? This question and the second question are almost the same, here also you have to tell your strengths, plus you also have to sell your experience. Question 7: Why your marks are very low in xyz exam? Why are your marks so low in Xyz exam? If your marks are less in any one exam then you will probably have some special reason, such as falling ill, getting accident, etc.? But if you have been getting consistently low marks, then you can answer something like this: Sir, I have always been involved in various extra-curricular activities. I have represented my school in a number of sporting events and other competitions. Because of this, I could concentrate less on my studies. But you may notice that my marks have improved during my MBA where I became more inclined towards knowledge accumulation and sharpening my skills. Question 8: What has been your biggest achievement till date? / What has been your biggest achievement so far? In answer to this question, you should tell any such achievement in which the interviewer can relate to the job being offered. For Fresher: Supposing you are giving an interview for Marketing and Sales job: Sir, last year we had a very successful Marketing Summit at the India Habitat Center, I was leading the organizing committee and I think I did a pretty good job of coordinating with the whole team and making sure that there are no hiccups. I must tell you that it was not an easy job, starting from booking the venue, arranging for the speakers, promoting the event, and many other such nitty-gritties… it was very hectic but at the end I managed it all, obviously with the help from my team and other staff. For experienced: Supposing you are giving interview for Marketing and Sales job: Sir, I joined my present organization a couple of years ago, at the end of my first year I was given the job of achieving Sales Target of over Rs. 30 lacs in a quarter; it was indeed a challenging task, because my region's best achievement till date was Rs. 20 lacs. However, I put in a lot of hard work and applied some innovative strategies like contacting the Institutions, and putting the kiosks in maals and apartments, I also managed to use the advertising budget efficiently and increased the visibility of our brand. So the cumulative effect resulted in achieving the targets and in fact we did Rs 32.5 lacs of sales in that quarter. This also helped me in getting an outstanding rating during appraisals. Question 9: What are your weaknesses? What is your weakness? In the answer to this question, do not ever say that you do not have any weakness nor should you tell any such weakness that will make the interviewer think that you will not be able to do your job properly. Also keep in mind that with whatever weakness you tell, also tell what you are doing to overcome it. Many times people describe their weakness as such which is actually strength, do not do it, this can irritate the interviewer. You can answer something like this: Sir, I feel that I need to work on time management and learn to prioritize my work efficiently. In fact I have started working on the To-Do List tool and have improved somewhat, hopefully, I will overcome this weakness soon. Question 10: Do you want to ask any questions? Do you have any questions? At the end of the interview, it can be asked. In response to this question, you can ask any such question: What will be my roles and responsibilities in case I get an opportunity to work with the company? Does the company have an in-house training department or is it outsourced? What are the growth prospects for an individual joining the current position? Be careful that you do not ask something that is tough for the interviewer to tell, such as the exact revenue figures of the company, CAGR, etc.