Essay on a train journey 

My first train journey was in my childhood when I used to study in class 6. I don't remember correctly but at that time it was the month of February and winters were falling. My school had a holiday of 10 days, so my father had made a plan to go to Vaishno Devi without telling me anything.

When I returned home after playing with friends, my mother told me that tomorrow we are going to see Maa Vaishno Devi. I was very happy to hear this because we were going to roam somewhere after a long time. I was so happy at that time that I was jumping around in happiness.

After a while my mind became calm, I asked my mother how I would go to Vaishno Devi, you said that we will go by Vaishno Devi "Rail". I was happy to hear this because I had never traveled by rail before. Just saw the train moving on books and TV.



Mother had packed all the goods in the evening. The train was at 3:00 in the night. Mother said you go and sleep but where was I going to sleep I was thinking the whole night how the train journey would be. As soon as 2:00 in the night, my mother picked me up and told me to get ready to go to the railway station.

I washed my hands and got ready and Dad called a taxi outside the house. Out of the house, I saw that it was cold and foggy. We reached Delhi station by sitting in a taxi at around 2:30 pm. Dad had already booked the train ticket.

Our train journey was going to be very long because we had to go from Jaipur to Vaishno Devi. After reaching the station, we were sitting on the platform where I saw that a train was coming and a train was going. There was a huge crowd of people there. The whistle of the train was so strong that it could be heard up to 5 kilometers away.

After some time, at what time our train had arrived at the station. Dad put our luggage in the train compartment with the porter. Then we all sat in an air conditioned compartment of the train and there I saw that there were very comfortable seats to sit and the train box was big like a room.

The train had all kinds of facilities, there was such a fan for summer, and there was also a heater for winter. Many lights were installed to facilitate the lighting of the train compartment. I felt as if I was sitting in a room.

I had never traveled by train before, so it seemed very different to me because I had never seen such comfortable and open seats.

Get Essay on Rail Yatra in Hindi for class 1 to 12 students.

We sat in the train for a while. I was peeping outside the window of the train, I saw a man wearing a black coat, giving a green signal to the train. Now I asked my father why the men are giving the green signal to the train, so the father said that this is a signal for the driver of the train to run the train, at the same time the train started moving slowly and the sound of the city came very fast from the train. Was living



Train slowly gained momentum and the train started moving through the fog. For some time the city will continue to see the glare, but after some time only darkness has fallen because the fog was too much so nothing was visible outside.

We all started talking, there were some other travelers who were talking to us, some travelers were talking about my studies and some were saying where are you going to roam. Things kept on going here and there for a while, then everyone started sleeping, then everyone went to their respective seats and slept.

I also draped the blanket and fell asleep. After about 3 to 4 hours, I was hearing different kind of sounds, I pulled out of the blanket and saw that the train stopped at a station, that station was from Delhi. The tea seller in the train was shouting chai chai loudly. Outside people were running around there screaming and screaming, some people were boarding the train and some were getting off.

Dad took tea for us from the tea seller and got some biscuits to eat. Winter is the time, so everyone was enjoying hot tea. A man was selling newspapers and some magazines at the station. Father bought a newspaper and a magazine.

All of us were enjoying tea while reading the newspaper, when the train started towards its destination. There was a fog outside, so nothing was visible. Some time a person came into our compartment who was wearing a black cap and black coat. He was checking the ticket of everyone, he was the train TT.

Dad showed him the ticket and gave the ticket and went ahead saying thank you. Rail was moving fast and now the fog was gradually decreasing.

I could see the sun from the train window, it was a very pleasant moment. The cool breeze was blowing and the views outside the train were worth seeing as the fields, fields, gardens and small villages were visible outside. The crops were frozen in small fields in the fields, this scene was very fascinating.



After some time the Yamuna river bridge came and the train was going over the bridge. This moment was very happy for me because I had seen such a big bridge and such a big river for the first time. I loved to see the river flowing above the bridge.

In the afternoon, the train stopped at a big station and we came to know that the train will stop here for 1 hour so that everyone can have food. We also came on the platform to have food, there was a stall of tea, chaat, food etc.

We all washed our hands and sat down to eat. The food here was very tasty. We all ate our meals and then roamed around on the platform. In one corner I saw that some children were begging and they had a bad condition due to hunger, I told them to give food to my father and he disappeared from our eyes while saying thank you.

After some time the whistle of the train started ringing and the train was ready to move. We also sat in the train compartment. One new city and new village were coming one after the other, the people of the village shook their hands and were calling us bye-bye. I also shook hands and gave them the signal.

It was getting dusk and the train was starting to enter the mountainous area, the sun was sinking in the gorge of the mountains, there was redness all around, it was very pleasant and panoramic view. I felt very good seeing the high mountains and green sheets of trees and trees on them.

When the rail was moving in the mountains, its engine and the front compartment were visible, it seemed that it was very exciting to see that the engine of the train is turning back and coming towards us. After some time the train reached Katra station where the temple of Maa Vaishno Devi was located.

We all got off the train and sat in a taxi and walked towards the temple of Vaishno Devi. The taxi left us under the mountains. The temple of Maa Vishno Devi is situated at a very high height on the mountain, so father asked some mules to take us up to go there.

They made us sit on the mule and climbed the mountains. As I was going up, I looked down and saw a very deep moat, but once I was stunned to see that the mule brother took me.

The view from the top of the mountains was something else but the nature looked very beautiful there. The whole city of Katra was visible from the top of the mountains, where the bright flashing lights were pleasing to the mind. After about 3 hours of climbing, we reached the temple of Maa Vaishno Devi and there we saw Maa Vaishno Devi.

I showed the temple of Maa Vaishno Devi for the first time, I liked it very much there were colorful lights all around and the temple was decorated with colorful flowers. For food, there was a bhandara on behalf of the mother Vaishno Devi committee, we had food in the bhandare and then traveled around the mountains for a while.

After a while, we came back downstairs and were ready to go to our house, so this was Meri Paheli Rail Yatra. This was the most memorable moment of my life which I have not forgotten till today.