PRONOUNS

Look at the following example:-

Rajiv is my friend. Rajiv has a bike. Rajiv is the best boy in our class. Rajiv is very innocent. କେମିତି ଲାଗୁଛି?

ନିଶ୍ଚିୟ ଅଖାଡୁଆ ଲାଗୁଥିବ |

ଏଥର ପଢ:- Rajiv is my friend. He has a bike. He is the best boy in our class. He is very innocent. (ଏବେ ନିଶ୍ଚୟ ଅପେକ୍ଷାକୃତ ଭଲ ଲାଗିଥିବ |)

ପୁଣି ଦେଖ:-

Lily is a girl. Lily has a bicycle. Lily bought it yesterday Lily likes me very much.
ପ୍ରତ୍ୟେକ ବାକ୍ୟରେ ‘lily’ନିଶ୍ଚୟ ଅପ୍ରାକୃତିକ ଲାଗୁଥିବ |

ଏଥର ଦେଖ:-

Lily is a girl. She has a bicycle. She bought it yesterday. She likes me very much.
ଏଥର ପ୍ରଥମ ବାକ୍ୟର ‘lily’ ପରେ ଅନ୍ୟସବୁ Sentence ରେ ‘She’ ବ୍ୟବହୃତ ହେଲା |

ତେବେ ଏହି ଦୁଇଟି Paragraph ରେ Rajiv Lily = Noun

ଅନ୍ୟ ବାକ୍ୟ ଗୁଡିକ ରେ ‘He’ Rajiv ପାଇଁ ଓ ‘She’ ‘Lily’ ପାଇଁ ବସିଛି |ତେଣୁ ‘He’ and ‘She’ are used for the nouns ;Rajiv’ and ‘Lily’ , So they are Pronouns.

Pronoun=for the Noun

The word which is used for the noun or in place of a noun is a pronoun. ଯେଉଁ word noun ବଦଳରେ ବସେ ତହା PRONOUN.

‘He’ ଓ ‘She’ଭଳି କେତେଟି Pronoun ରହିଛି :- I, we, you, he, she, it, they,(7ଟି) ଏଗୁଡିକ Personal Pronoun କହନ୍ତି |

Personal Pronoun ର ବିଭିନ୍ନ ରୂପେ ଯଥା person ଓ Number ଲଷ୍ୟ କର |



Person

First person -I, we 
Second parson- You 
Third person -  he, she, it, they
            
Person     Singular       Plural
First              I                  We
Second       you              You
Third        He, she, it     They

ଏହି personal ଅନ୍ୟାନ୍ୟ ରୂପକୁ ଲକ୍ଷ୍ୟ କର |

This is Mamuni, Mamuni’s father is a doctor. I know Mamun’s father well. Mamun’s father is sitting there.

ବାରମ୍ବାର Mamuni’s father ଲେଖିଲେ unnatural ଶୁଭୁଛି |

ତେଣୁ (i) this Mamuni   (ii)Her father is a doctor.
        (iii)I know him well   (iv)He is sitting there.

ଲକ୍ଷ୍ୟକର sentence (ii) ରେ Mamuni’s father =Her father

Sentence (iii)ରେ mamuni’s father =him
Sentence (iv) ରେ Manuni father =He
I know him.   He know me.
I know her    She knows me.
I don’t know you.     You don’t know me.

ଳକ୍ଷ୍ୟକର personal pronoun ଗୁଡିକର subject object ର ରୂପ |

Subject ରେ I, we, you, he, she, it, they.

Object ରେ me, us, you, him, her, it, them.

I like Bapu’s writing.
His writings are very famous.
I don’t know that girl’s name.
Her name is Gudli.

ଲକ୍ଷ୍ୟକର Bapu’s ପାଖରେ His Girl’s ପାଖରେ ‘her’ ବସିଛି |

Bapu’s Girl’s ଆମେ ଜାଣିଲେ possessive adjective 

ତେବେ His Her Possessive adjective my, our, his, her, its, their.

Again study the followings:-

This is my book.
This book is mine.

This is your pen.
That pen is yours.

These are our trees.
These trees are ours.

Underlined words are Possessive Pronouns

Other Possessive Pronouns : mine, our, yours his, hers, theirs.

I did it myself.
She visited New Delhi herself.
They played themselves.



ମନେରଖ ଯେ Personal pronoun It’ Possessive from ନଥାଏ |ଲକ୍ଷ୍ୟକର Noun ଭଳି ଏହାର ମଧ୍ୟ gender number ସହ ସମ୍ବନ୍ଧ ଅଛି |

First person (Masculine and Feminine)

Pronoun       Singular         Plural
Subjective     I                   we
Objective      me              us
Possessive     mine         ours
Reflexive       myself       ourselves


Second person (Masculine and feminine )

Pronoun       Singular                 Plural
Subjective    You\Thou              You
Objective      You\Thee              You
Possessive     Yours\Thire          Yours
Reflexive      Yourself\Thyself   Yourselves

ମନେରଖ Thou, Thee, thine, Thy, Thyself ଆଦି old use ଏବେ ‘you’ ଉଭୟ Singular plural ପାଇଁ ଗ୍ରହଣୀୟ ହେଉଛି | ଯଦି କେଉଁଠି thou, thee ଆଦି ଶଦ୍ଦ ପାଇବ ତେବେ ତାହାର ଅର୍ଥ you ବୋଲି ଜାଣିବା |


Personal Pronoun ବ୍ୟତୀତ ଅନ୍ୟ ବିଭିନ୍ନ ପ୍ର୍କାରର pronoun ରହିଛି ସେସବୁ ବିଷୟରେ ଏଠାରେ କେବଳ ଧାରଣା ଦେବା |

It is 10 :30 a.m. ………(Time)
It is raining                 (Weather)
It is a long distance.  (distance)
It is your son who broke this glass. (Emphasis)
It is good to leave this place. (dummy subject)

‘It’ ର ବିଭିନ୍ନ୍ ବ୍ୟବହାର ଆମେ ଲକ୍ଷ୍ୟ କଲେ, ତେଣୁ it କୁ Impersonal Pronoun କିହାଯାଏ |

This is my pen.
That is your book.
These are our cows.
This , that, these, those = Demonstrative pronouns
One can find this.
Somebody will find this.
Nobody came
Everyone got a prize.

One, somebody, Nobody, everybody= Indefinite pronoun

Either of you come
Neither of us went.
Each of them got a prize.

Each, Either Neither, =Distributive Pronoun

This is the man who helped me yesterday.
Here is the boy whom you gave a pen.
That is the tree which has a think.

Who, Who, which, that= Relative pronoun

Who is your father?
Which did he want?
Who, Which, What = Interrogative pronoun
ଏହି ସବୁ pronoun ଯଥା :- demonstrative, indefinite relative, interrogative, distributive ଆଦି ଅନ୍ୟାନ୍ୟ chapter ରେ ବିଶଦ ଆଲୋଚନା ହେବ | ତେଣୁ ଏଠାରେ କେବଳ ସେଗୁଡିକ ଚିହ୍ନାଇ ଦିଆଗଲା |